I know that it is hot, but waitng in your car is much cooler! Also, knowing your child is safe is a priority!
You may have noticed NEPD and NEISD district safety staff present on campus. You will be pleased to know that they are working alongside our administration, since May, to help us make things as safe as possible.
A few helpful tips for tomorrow:
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE the color and number with your children! Many of them do not make it to the cones, because they are not looking at their numbers. This is a new process for them, so help us teach them!
- Talk to your older children (siblings) and have them find their little brothers/sisters as soon as they come outside (They sit by color.). We will do the same!
- As Officer Carnato shared with many car rider parents, we will take turns entering the Tuscany Heights car rider line. Officer Carnato stated that we are to allow 5 cars from the Summerglen direction and then 5 cars from the turn lane coming from Mountain Lodge. We will continue this process throughout the year (5 cars from each area then alternate). This is being as fair as possible given we have a steady flow of traffic from both areas.
- We will use 10 cones tomorrow instead of 12 to help the loading process. Fewer cones should keep our cars moving steadily rather than some loading faster and others still waiting.
- While in the car rider line, please DO NOT pull out of line once you are loaded. This causes all cars to fall out of order and your children are already waiting on you at the cone. Stay in line and by doing so, the children will be waiting on you at the accurate cone when you pull forward. The cars that pull out of line cause the other cars, students, and cones NOT to match up. This slows down the process. Thank you for your patience.
- If you feel that you are waiting too long in the line, come earlier or wait until closer to 3:00 to join the car rider line. This will help with the faster loading time for you!