Join Your PTA
Tuscany Heights Elementary PTA is currently 300 members strong!
We encourage you to join the PTA to show your support for Tuscany Heights Elementary and have a voice in the decision making. T.H.E. PTA members consists of students, parents, guardians, grandparents, teachers, staff, and community members. An individual who pays dues to our local PTA automatically becomes a member of the state and national PTAs*. In addition, members receive many benefits and discounts.
To view the current benefits and discounts click here.
*An individual annual membership is $5.50. Recipients of the Lifetime Member Award pay $3.25.
Why Join a Parent Teacher Association (PTA)?
The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy-it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause-your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events-all vital to a school's success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
The above information was taken from the national PTA website at www.pta.org
For more information or questions about joining the T.H.E. PTA, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org