December 22, 2013 and January 5, 2014
NO SCHOOL Dec. 23rd- Jan. 3rd
We hope that you had a wonderful Winter Break with your families! We are excited to see the students tomorrow, January 6th!
SIGN UP, SIGN UP, SIGN UP…
In an effort to be more efficient and get information out to you as quickly as possible including simple reminders, I would like to invite you to be part of my Remind 101 Parent Team. This is an “app” that allows me to send a quick message out to all subscribers. For example: Winter Parties; No School Dec. 23rd- Jan. 5th, etc. Just examples that I find myself wanting to share in the afternoons as a reminder from the weekly eBlast. If you are interested in receiving this message, you can subscribe using the link below. It can be set up to come as a text, an email, or both. I look forward to strengthening our communication!
**This year I'm using Remind101, a safe app that allows me to send text and email updates about important school information. To sign up to get messages about Tuscany Heights Ele Parents, click here.
Dec. 23rd - Jan. 3rd Winter Break
Jan. 10th - 2nd Nine Weeks Awards Assembly
Jan. 14th - 3rd Grade GT Field Trip
Jan. 15th - Club/Special Group Pictures (Morning)
Jan. 16th - Class Pictures (Morning)
Jan. 17th - Oral Spelling Bee
Jan. 19th - SPURS Night - 4th Annual RFTH (Run for the Heights)
Jan. 20th - Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Day - Holiday, NO SCHOOL
Jan. 27th - Feb. 1st – Conversation Heart Sales
Jan. 31st - RFTH Class Contest Ends
Feb. 3rd - Feb. 14th - Ronald McDonald Heart Sales
Feb. 5th - 100th Day of School
Feb. 22nd – Run for the Heights 5K/Fun Run
PTA News - Click here for THE PTA website and latest news!
4th Annual Run for the Heights Night with the Spurs, January 19, 2014: Join Tuscany families, Tusky, and the Spurs Coyote for a night of fun at the AT&T Center and support our major fundraiser, Run for the Heights! Get a pre-game court side experience; post-game photo and free throw; and hot dog, chips, and soda-all for $28! An order form was sent home in backpacks or click here for order form. Forms may be turned into the office or faxed to the Spurs and are due Friday, Jan. 10th! Go, Spurs, Go!
It's time to get ready for the 4th Annual Run for the Heights, 5K Run/Walk, Kids' Fun Run and Health Fair, scheduled for Saturday, February 22, 2014. You can register on-line athttp://runfortheheights.tuscanyheightspta.org or download the attached registration form. Get your family, friends, and neighbors to register for the run and your THE student and their class can win fun and healthy rewards! Make sure the registrant indicates they heard about the run from your THE student. Prizes include: extra recess; the Tusky 50 Yard Dash vs. THE Celebrities & Students; an Orange Leaf Yogurt party; and an awesome party at Flip City! The class contest starts now and runs through January 31. Start now by asking your family, friends and neighbors to register for the 2014 Run for the Heights and get rewarded!
NEWS FROM THE LIBRARY
Read All About It!
Exciting Reading Opportunities from the Library
Walking with Dinosaurs: NEISD Elementary Schools Winter Break Reading Contest
- Contest begins at 12am Eastern Time on November 23, 2013, and ends 12am Eastern Time on January 5, 2014
- Ask your parents to create a Book Adventure account at www.BookAdventure.com
- Click Log In/Register in the upper right hand corner
- Click Register as a Student
- Click the Green Box: I want to register to use Book Adventures at Home
- Fill in student information and click Register.
- Under ‘My Book Adventure’ click My Contests. Enter the following information:
- Contest Name: tusc1113
- Contest Pin: T3958
- Note: There is also a national contest running at the same time. Students can join both, just be sure to enter your campus’ contest by using the unique Contest Name and Contest PIN (above). See the Walking With Dinosaurs attachments for more details.
Library at Your Fingertips!
- All you need to borrow digital titles from NEISD’s digital library is an internet connection and your student’s ID number.
- On any Internet connected device with a browser, go directly to NEISD’s digital library by visiting http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com
- Use your student’s ID to login and begin borrowing titles with one click!
- For additional information please review the OverDrive student handout (sent home November 22nd) and/or visit http://help.overdrive.com/?Sup=http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com/Support.htm