All students are asked to wear CAMOUFLAGE in honor of our Heroes!!!!
We are pleased to announce that we are honoring about 75 Veterans on Monday, November 11th, 8:30 a.m. Since we have a large list and about 885 students (plus staff), we will have a packed cafeteria come Monday morning. I wish we had space to hold all of our families, but please know that this is impossible. We plan to do our best to recognize those that have RSVPed at this point while including all Tuscany Heights Students in the celebration. We want them to understand the sacrifice that our Veterans have given. If you are attending along with a Veteran, we will have limited seating around the perimeter of the cafeteria walls. You will need to check in for a RAPTOR Badge and will be sent back around 8:20 for seating. Again, it is limited and I apologize ahead of time if there are no seats available.
We also have T.H.E. & our T.H.E.'s PTA providing breakfast for Veterans and their students only! This will immediately follow the ceremony in the library.
We are grateful that this is turning out to be a very inspiring celebration!
The following will be the agenda for that morning (Time may vary):
- CHOIR Sings
- Coffee & Veterans Assemble for Celebration, Library 8:15-8:30a.m.
- Student CIC Group Escorts Veterans to Cafeteria, Cafeteria 8:30 a.m.
- Veterans Enter Cafeteria, Seated on Stage 8:35 a.m.
- Opening Remarks, Mrs. Bailey 8:40 a.m. (Students introducing our Vets will be seated on the stage steps.)
- Student Introductions of their Guests (Kinder- 5th) 8:45a.m.- 9:00a.m.
- Mr. Rafajko Introduces Grade Level Student Leaders (Kinder- 5th): What a Veteran means to me… 9:10-9:25a.m.
- Guest Speaker Introduced 9:30-9:45
- Closing Remarks, Mrs. Bailey 9:45 a.m.
- Veterans & Their Students Dismissed, Hash browns for Heroes Breakfast, Library 9:35a.m.
- CHOIR Sings