December 8, 2013
I hope that everyone stayed warm this weekend! We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
In an effort to be more efficient and get information out to you as quickly as possible including simple reminders, I would like to invite you to be part of my Remind 101 Parent Team. This is an “app” that allows me to send a quick message out to all subscribers. For example: Picture Day Tomorrow; Wear red, White, Blue, etc. Just examples that I find myself wanting to share in the afternoons as a
reminder from the weekly eBlast. If you are interested in receiving this message, you can subscribe using the link below. It can be set up to come as a text, an email, or both. I look forward to strengthening our communication!
**This year I'm using Remind101, a safe app that allows me to send text and email updates about important school information. To sign up to get messages about Tuscany Heights Ele Parents, click here.
Dec. 2nd- 13th Sister School Collection
Dec. 10th- 5th Grade Reading Benchmark; 4th Grade Reading Benchmark
Dec. 11th- 5th Grade Math Benchmark; 3rd Grade Reading Benchmark; 4th Grade Writing Benchmark
Dec. 12th- 3rd and 4th Math Benchmark
Dec. 14th Tuscany choir (Tiger Beat) Stone Oak Winter Celebration Performance 2-3pm
Dec. 17th- 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade Science Benchmarks
Dec. 20th Winter Parties
Dec. 23rd- Jan. 3rd Winter Break
Sister School Giving Tree and Toys for Tots Drive, 12/2-12/13:
This year we will be doing a giving tree for students at East Terrell Hills, so if you would like to donate a special gift to a student, please get a "star" ornament from our Tiger Giving Tree in the library. Please purchase the item requested and return the wrapped gift with the "star" ornament attached. We will also be collecting toys for Toys for Tots. Drop off all wrapped giving tree gifts and unwrapped new toys for Toys for Tots in the front foyer by Friday, 12/13. Any questions, please contact Lori Martin, email@example.com.
Staff Appreciation Gift Wrapping Day, Friday, Dec. 13th:
Join volunteers on the stage in the cafeteria to help spread some holiday cheer for our staff! We will be showing our appreciation for our staff by offering a gift wrapping service for them. Stop by before or after dancing with your child! Please let Tina Guerrero, staff firstname.lastname@example.org, know if you will be helping or sign up on PTO Manager.
Lost & Found items are located on the stage in the cafeteria:
If you are missing a jacket, lunchbox, or another item, please check the stage area to claim your item. Don't forget to put your child's name on all items-items with names are shown on announcements each morning for students to retrieve. All items not claimed by Dec. 20th at 3 PM will be donated to Sister School! Any questions, please contact Jazmin Phelps, email@example.com
Winter Parties, Friday, 12/20:
Your PTA Room Reps are busy planning fun winter parties for our classes and will be contacting you for ways to help. All classes will be doing our 2nd Annual Me-2-U Sister School Book Donation. Instead of exchanging books at the party, we are asking students to bring a book in English or Spanish for a student at East Terrell Hills. These books will be delivered in January. Thank you for helping our student leaders learn it is better to give than to receive!
NEWS FROM THE LIBRARY
Read All About It!
Exciting Reading Opportunities from the Library
Walking with Dinosaurs: NEISD Elementary Schools Winter Break Reading Contest
- Contest begins at 12am Eastern Time on November 23, 2013, and ends 12am Eastern Time on January 5, 2014
- Ask your parents to create a Book Adventure account at www.BookAdventure.com
- Click LogIn/Register in the upper right hand corner
- Click Register as a Student
- Click the Green Box: I want to register to use Book Adventures at Home
- Fill in student information and click Register.
- Under ‘My Book Adventure’ click My Contests. Enter the following information:
Contest Name: tusc1113
Contest Pin: T3958
- Note: There is also a national contest running at the same time. Students can join both, just be sure to enter your campus’ contest by using the unique Contest Name and Contest PIN (above).
- See the Walking With Dinosaurs attachments for more details.
OverDrive: eBooks and Audiobooks from the North East Digital Library at Your Fingertips!
- All you need to borrow digital titles from NEISD’s digital library is an internet connection and your student’s ID number.
- On any Internet connected device with a browser, go directly to NEISD’s digital library by visiting http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com
- Use your student’s ID to login and begin borrowing titles with one click!
- For additional information please review the OverDrive student handout (sent home November 22nd) and/or visit http://help.overdrive.com/?Sup=http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com/Support.htm
Walking With Dinosaurs