December 1, 2013
Welcome to December!!! We hope that you all had a relaxing week with family and friends. We’ve love our time, but sure miss our students! Let’s bring T.H.E. hallways back to life tomorrow!!!!
Dec. 2nd-13th - Sister School Collection
Dec. 2nd - 5th Grade Performs “North Pole Musical” (See Below for details)
Dec. 3rd - PTA Meeting/ 5th Grade Performance
Dec. 10th - 5th Grade Reading Benchmark; 4th Grade Reading Benchmark
Dec. 11th - 5th Grade Math Benchmark; 3rd Grade Reading Benchmark; 4th Grade Writing Benchmark
Dec. 12th - 3rd and 4th Math Benchmark
Dec. 14th - Tuscany choir (Tiger Beat) Stone Oak Winter Celebration Performance 2-3pm
Dec. 17th/18th - 5th Grade Science Benchmark ( Date will be finalized soon)
Dec. 20th - Winter Parties
Dec. 23rd-Jan. 3rd - Winter Break
5th Graders - 5th GRADE PTA PROGRAM "North Pole Musical"
Monday, Dec. 2nd Perform at 8:10 and 9:10 a.m.
Come ready in your costume! Students may bring a change of clothes.
Tuesday, Dec. 3rd Perform at 6:30 p.m.
Students meet in their music room no later than 6:15 p.m.
Dress: Black pants/White button down shirt
Costume Characters: Wear pre-assigned attire
Sister School Giving Tree and Toys for TotsDrive, 12/2-12/13: This year we will be doing a giving tree for students at East Terrell Hills, so if you would like to donate a special gift to a student, please get a "star" ornament from our Tiger Giving Tree in the library. Please purchase the item requested and return the wrapped gift with the "star" ornament attached. We will also be collecting toys for Toys for Tots. Drop off all wrapped giving tree gifts and unwrapped new toys in the front foyer by Friday, 12/13. Any questions, please contact Lori Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
T.H.E. PTA General Meeting, Tuesday, 12/3, 6:30 PM: Join us for our PTA meeting on Tuesday evening at 6:30 PM. Our fabulous fifth graders will be presenting their performance, "North Pole Musical."
T.H.E. PTA Presents…Oceans Rock, Friday, 12/6: Oceans Rock includes a huge exhibit, a fun participatory presentation, and a hands-on activity for each student. We will be hosting 3 shows for our students, and every student will get to participate in a fossil dig! Don't forget to ask your child what he/she learned about today!
Lost & Found items are located on the stage in the cafeteria: If you are missing a jacket, lunchbox, or another item, please check the stage area to claim your item. Don't forget to put your child's name on all items-items with names are shown on announcements each morning for students to retrieve. All items not claimed by Dec. 20th at 3 PM will be donated to Sister School! Any questions, please contact Jazmin Phelps,email@example.com
NEWS FROM THE LIBRARY
The books that you ordered from last week's author visit are "in transit" and scheduled to arrive after the Thanksgiving break. Thank you for your patience. ~Diane Z. Shore
Read All About It!
Exciting Reading Opportunities from the Library
Walking with Dinosaurs: NEISD Elementary Schools Winter Break Reading Contest
- Contest begins at 12am Eastern Time on November 23, 2013, and ends 12am Eastern Time on January 5, 2014
- Ask your parents to create a Book Adventure account at www.BookAdventure.com
- Click Log In/Register in the upper right hand corner
- Click Register as a Student
- Click the Green Box: I want to register to use Book Adventures at Home
- Fill in student information and click Register.
- Under ‘My Book Adventure’ click My Contests. Enter the following information:
- Contest Name: tusc1113
- Contest Pin: T3958
- Note: There is also a national contest running at the same time. Students can join both, just be sure to enter your campus’ contest by using the unique Contest Name and Contest PIN (above). See the Walking With Dinosaurs attachments for more details.
OverDrive: eBooks and Audiobooks from the North East Digital
Library at Your Fingertips!
- All you need to borrow digital titles from NEISD’s digital library is an internet connection and your student’s ID number.
- On any Internet connected device with a browser, go directly to NEISD’s digital library by visiting http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com
- Use your student’s ID to login and begin borrowing titles with one click!
- For additional information please review the OverDrive student handout (sent home November 22nd) and/or visit http://help.overdrive.com/?Sup=http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com/Support.htm