NO SCHOOL: Nov. 25th- 29th
Enjoy your thankful break!
We love our Kindergarteners!!! Thank you for an excellent Pow Wow Performance!!! T hank you to our teachers for making this an exciting end to a great week and their efforts in teaching and practicing with our students.
Thank you to PTA for presenting our staff with holiday cups and dishes that are RECYCLABLE!!!! Very cute idea!!!
Enjoy your families this week! Sharpen the Saw with your family and friends so that you can all become the best you! We look forward to seeing our students return on Dec. 2nd!
Nov. 25th-29th - Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 2nd-13th - Sister School Collection
Dec. 2nd - 5th Grade Performs “North Pole Musical” (See Below for details)
Dec. 3rd - PTA Meeting/ 5th Grade Performance
Dec. 10th - 5th Grade Reading Benchmark; 4th Grade Reading Benchmark
Dec. 11th - 5th Grade Math Benchmark; 3rd Grade Reading Benchmark; 4th Grade Writing Benchmark
Dec. 12th - 3rd and 4th Math Benchmark
Dec. 14th - Tuscany choir (Tiger Beat) Stone Oak Winter Celebration Performance 2-3pm
Dec. 17th/18th - 5th Grade Science Benchmark (Date will be finalized soon)
Dec. 20th - Winter Parties
Dec. 23rd-Jan. 3rd - Winter Break
5th Graders - 5th GRADE PTA PROGRAM "North Pole Musical"
Monday, Dec. 2nd Perform at 8:10 and 9:10 a.m.
Come ready in your costume! Students may bring a change of clothes.
Tuesday, Dec. 3rd Perform at 6:30 p.m.
Students meet in their music room no later than 6:15 p.m.
Dress: Black pants/White button down shirt
Costume Characters: Wear pre-assigned attire
LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE WINTER TIGER SPIRIT ITEMS ONLINE-now-11/27! : You may continue to order spirit items until Wednesday, Nov. 27.These are pre-orders only so don't miss out on our new long-sleeved spirit shirts and socks. One free Tiger patch to the first 100 online orders! Spirit gear will be sent home with your oldest student before Winter Break. Go Team Tuscany! [www.tuscanyheightspta.org]CLICK HERE TO ORDER SPIRIT ITEMS
Lost & Found items are located on the stage in the cafeteria: If you are missing a jacket, lunchbox, or another item, please check the stage area to claim your item. Don't forget to put your child's name on all items-items with names are shown on announcements each morning for students to retrieve. All items not claimed by Dec. 20th at 3 PM will be donated to Sister School! Any questions, please contact Jazmin Phelps,firstname.lastname@example.org
Tigers Synergize-Community Service and PVSA (Presidential Volunteer Service Award): We want all of our students to have opportunities to volunteer and earn a President's Volunteer Service Award at the PVSA Awards Reception, May 21st. Also, all Tigers who volunteer 10 hours will receive a special spirit stick in May. Be looking for opportunities at Tuscany for kids to volunteer and give back to our community. For information on PVSA and a Leader in Me Community Service log sheet CLICK HERE. Start tracking your volunteer hours! Any questions, contact Juli Campbell, email@example.com
NEWS FROM THE LIBRARY
The books that you ordered from last week's author visit are "in transit" and scheduled to arrive after the Thanksgiving break. Thank you for your patience.
~Author: Diane Z. Shore
Read All About It!
Exciting Reading Opportunities from the Library
Walking with Dinosaurs: NEISD Elementary Schools Winter Break Reading Contest
- Contest begins at 12am Eastern Time on November 23, 2013, and ends 12am Eastern Time on January 5, 2014
- Ask your parents to create a Book Adventure account at www.BookAdventure.com
- Click Log In/Register in the upper right hand corner
- Click Register as a Student
- Click the Green Box: I want to register to use Book Adventures at Home
- Fill in student information and click Register.
- Under ‘My Book Adventure’ click My Contests. Enter the following information:
- Contest Name: tusc1113
- Contest Pin: T3958
- Note: There is also a national contest running at the same time. Students can join both, just be sure to enter your campus’ contest by using the unique Contest Name and Contest PIN (above). See the Walking With Dinosaurs attachments for more details.
OverDrive: eBooks and Audiobooks from the North East Digital
Library at Your Fingertips!
- All you need to borrow digital titles from NEISD’s digital library is an internet connection and your student’s ID number.
- On any Internet connected device with a browser, go directly to NEISD’s digital library by visiting http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com
- Use your student’s ID to login and begin borrowing titles with one click!
- For additional information please review the OverDrive student handout (sent home November 22nd) and/or visit http://help.overdrive.com/?Sup=http://neisd.lib.overdrive.com/Support.htm