August 25, 2013
What fabulous Meet the Teacher Events! We are so happy to get the opportunity to greet our parents one grade level at a time so that we can introduce ourselves, answer questions, and catch up on summer activities. My staff has worked hard to make the beginning of school special for each of our students. I am thrilled to have all of them on my Tuscany Team, thank you teachers! Our teachers spent Friday completing last minute touches on their rooms for our students, too! So, let’s begin school!!!!!
I want to take a moment to say thank you to our amazing PTA for their countless hours of help preparing everything from bulletin boards to helping design our Meet the Teacher. Not to mention, running all of the gym tables, thank you! We couldn't do it without all of you. Also, we were so grateful for all of our student leaders. We had elementary, middle school, and high school helpers for both of our events, thank you!
August 26th - First Day of School & Kindergarten Parent(s) Yahoo/Boohoo Event
September 3rd - 6:30pm PTA Family Fun Night / Dribble with the DOGS (WatchDOGS)
September 6th - Grandparents Event
- Pre-RAPTOR for your grandparents if they are in the system from previous years or if they can stop by in advance to scan their ID. We will have a RAPTOR badge ready for them! If not, we will be as quick as we can to get them signed in for the event!
- 7:45a.m. 2nd, 3rd, & 5th Grades
- 8:45a.m. Kinder, 1st, & 4th Grades
September 17th - Picture Day
October 1st - 6:30pm PTA Mtg / 4th Grade Performance
Arrival and Dismissal:
- School opens at 7:15 a.m.
- Staff arrives as early as 7:15 a.m. We ask that you not drop your child off before 7:15, because there will not be staff members in the building at this time to ensure their safety. If your work schedule does not allow this, we will work with you and arrange for your child to be monitored in the rotunda by one assistant that will arrive at 7:00 a.m. There is limited space, so we ask that you please work with us if possible. We want all of our students safely monitored while in our care!
- Dismissal begins at 2:40 pm.
- Car riders are picked up out front using our car rider line. Please see the instructions on the back of your car rider tag. If you wish to park and pick up your child, please use the back parking lot, come to the rotunda door with your car rider tag, and your child will be brought to you.
- Bus riders dismiss out the back of the school and are placed on the bus identified by their district bus tag.
- Daycare and Walkers dismiss from the gyms where they are monitored and escorted by staff. All KINS students will be dismissed to the cafeteria at this time. The back cafeteria door will be open for your access to KINS after 3pm (before 3pm, we ask that you use the front office entrance).
- Please ensure your teachers know how your child will travel home every day.
- Be Consistent, Be Consistent, Be Consistent: It is helpful for all staff if students travel home using the same mode of transportation in a consistent pattern. We appreciate your help with this matter.
- Be sure to get a car rider tag for your child(ren) if you plan to pick them up. You can obtain a tag at any time in the front office. Otherwise, you will be asked to show ID before your child is released.
- Breakfast has increased to $0.95
- Lunch has increased to $1.95
Yahoo/Boohoo, Monday, August 26th: After you drop off your kinder student, head to the library to turn your boohoo into a yahoo! Come meet other kinder parents and our Tuscany principals. Refreshments will be served.
Complete your Welcome Back Form online and order your 2013-2014 new Tiger Spirit Shirt: Go to our PTA website, tuscanyheightspta.org, and complete your online Welcome Back registration. You can join T.H.E. PTA, give a Campin' for Cash donation, order a directory, and purchase new 2013-2014 spirit shirts and other spirit items! Your spirit items will be delivered to your child's classroom this week. Click here to begin your Welcome Back Registration
Sister School School Uniform Drive, August 21st-Sept. 6th: Donate new or gently used bottoms (khaki, black, or navy blue pants, skirts, or shorts) and tops (short or long-sleeved polos in white, kelly/hunter green, and navy blue) for our Sister School, East Terrell Hills. Drop off the clothing in the bins located in the school's front entrance and get a special Sister School spirit stick!
T.H.E. PTA General Meeting, Tuesday, Sept. 3, 5:30 PM-7:30 PM: Join us for our 2nd annual PTA Family Fun Night and WatchD.O.G.S. Kickoff! Be looking for more information about this fun evening!
SAVE THE DATE - Grandparent's Day-Friday, September 6th: See above.